Booking & Cancellation Policies
FlexiCancel Policies – may vary by property. Terms of the rental agreement for a booking override these general policies. Read your rental agreement carefully..
General Booking and Cancellation policies are:
- Guest must pay a 25% deposit of the entire amount of the reservation to secure a property.
- Final payment is due 35 days prior to the arrival date.
- In the event that a reservation is made within 35 days of arrival, 100% payment is required.
- For up to 2 days after the reservation is made, all payments are 100% refundable (unless the reservation is made within 7 days of arrival, at which time, there are no refunds).
- From 3 days after the reservation is made, until 3 days prior to the arrival date Guest may cancel by submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will receive a full refund for all funds paid, less a processing fee equal to 5% of the total amount of the booking.
- Phone call notifications including voice mails are not acceptable forms of notification for cancellations. Emails MUST be sent to
email@example.com, and the reservation is not considered cancelled until you have received an email confirmation acknowledging the cancellation.
- If a guest cancels the reservation within 2 days of arrival, there are no refunds.
- If a reservation is made within 7 days of the arrival date, there are no refunds.
For example, for a reservation where the total amount of the booking is $1,000 and the guest wishes to cancel at least 3 days prior to the arrival date, and the guest has made an initial deposit of $250, and the guest has not yet made the final payment – the guest will receive a full refund of the deposit of $250 less a processing fee of 5% of the total booking ($50) – which results in a refund of $200. If the guest cancels after making the full and final payment and at least 48 hours prior to the arrival date, the guest will receive a $1,000 refund, less a $50 processing fee – which results in a refund of $950.
For example, if you book on a Monday, and wish to cancel and receive a 100% refund, you must submit an email by Wednesday of that week.
In order to receive a full refund, less a processing fee equal to 5% of the total cost of the booking, and your arrival date is a Saturday, you must submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Wednesday of that week (3 days).
This cancellation policy is very lenient. It offers guests the ability to cancel up to 3 days prior to the arrival date and still receive a nearly full refund. There will be no exceptions to the cancellation policy. Once a payment or portion of a payment is non-refundable, there will be no refunds for issues including but not limited to: late arrivals, early departures, abnormal or undesirable weather, natural disasters, evacuation orders, government orders or mandates, power or utility outages, mechanical failures, travel-related delays or issues, health issues or concerns, the cancellation of activities, events, or other possible reasons for the reservation and trip, or other circumstances beyond the Guest’s or MVL’s control.